Tuesday, January 16, 2007

WE SEEM UNWILLING TO FIGHT

I am very encouraged by this. (Hat tip - Instapundit) Overall, it has been very discouraging to see my country not willing to fight a war, not willing to win. Not willing to support the Commander In Chief. Radical Islamofascists want to kill us. And they will do whatever it takes to make that happen. We, on the other hand, don't seem to be willing to do much at all. Not our military, mind you. They are willing to fight and die and do the difficult things. But our media and many of our politicians just want to whine and pretend this deadly menace will somehow go away. Well, it won't. Unless we make it go away. That's what the war in Iraq is all about. Fighting the bad guys and killing them, in their part of the world, so we keep them from hitting us again in our homeland. I've never served in the military. I'm not what you would consider a tough person. But I get this. I get that this is life or death. And we've got to fight them. I only wish we had the will as a nation to do it, and to do it well. I am discouraged because it seems we do not.

|