It seems much of the nation doesn't even realize we are at war. The President's poll numbers and support for the Iraq War are low. And much of the country is caught up in left-leaning conspiracy theories about how Bush and his cronies caused the 9/11 attacks. This is all absurd. We need to realize we are fighting a mortal enemy who wants nothing more than to kill as many of us as possible. Not just our soldiers, but our every day citizens on our homeland. Here are ten things you can do to help support the war effort and combat the loony Left.
1. Vote in every election for candidates that will treat the US military with respect and support the efforts of the global war on terror.
2. Pray -- for our Commander in Chief, his Cabinet, our military leaders and specifically, by name, for every US military person you know, especially those on the battlefront in Iraq and Afghanistan.
3. Sign up to sponsor a serviceman or servicewoman at Soldiers Angels
. The Mrs.
and I have sponsored three brave soldiers thus far, all serving in the Middle East.
4. Get your church to honor our country and military by celebrating every patriotic holiday as a congregation, recognizing military families within the membership, sponsoring a military unit, etc.
5. Buy and proudly display an American flag at your home and/or workplace. Our flag is beautiful and it does inspire patriotism. And we need that.
6. Get your news from sources other than the Mainstream Media. The major networks, with the exception of the Fox News Channel, have displayed a vested interest in seeing the Bush Administration and the US military fail in Iraq and elsewhere. The time has come to rely on blogs and other conservative outlets for news you can trust.
7. Blog your beliefs. We can't afford to keep silent while Islamofascists want to kill us and the media and the Democrats want to help them accomplish their mission. Let your patriotic, pro-military, God-fearing voice be heard or words be read.
8. Thank every US military veteran you meet. A simple "thank you for your service" will more than likely warm their heart and put a smile on their face. And it will remind you of their sacrifices on your behalf, and the sacrifices many are still making today in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard.
9. Support your family members in the military. Most of us have a relative, either in our immediate family, or in the extended version, who is currently serving our country. Write them encouraging notes, send them gift baskets and make your support noticeable in tangible ways.
10. Instill within your children respect for and admiration of the US military. Let them know the military is a great career opportunity. And if your son or daughter decides they want to defend our country, respect their wishes. And let them know how proud you are of their choice.