THANKS BE TO GOD
In advance of the holiday weekend, I want to share with the blogosphere what I am thankful for in 2005. And as important as saying what you're thankful for is acknowledging who deserves your thanks. So I am grateful to the God of Christianity for the following blessings:
1) My beautiful wife Mrs. Media Matters. For most of my adult life I never imagined I would marry. But the right woman came along and made me a lucky man when she said "yes."
2) Our unborn child. My family is expanding and I am excited and scared to death. But I know it will all be worth it. Baby Media Matters is already a part of my life and has a place in my heart.
3) The Mrs. and I both have our health. Sure, there are a few concerns, but nothing that robs us of our ability to live our daily lives. And we have great health insurance through Stephanie's work, so that is a blessing as well and something we shouldn't take for granted.
4) President George W. Bush. Not only is he a solid leader, I believe he is a born again Christian who desires to please God with his life and his leadership. We will be blessed for many years to come, in ways that we don't even realize yet, by his example.
5) Our men and women in uniform. The US military is the finest in the world, both in power and in personality. I am thankful for their willingness to be in harm's way every day to protect me and my family and my freedoms. I wish a special Thanksgiving blessing on those serving in the Middle East.
6) My friends -- the Hills, Mr. Howes, the Massagli family and the Kings -- have radically changed me. I am moved by their investment and involvement in my life. I love you guys.
7) The Mrs. and I are both gainfully employed in jobs that we enjoy. And in career fields that are stable. As we anticipate the new arrival, there will be money challenges. But I am thankful for the financial foundation we already have.
8) Chocolate peanut butter ice cream, Reese's peanut butter cups, and any other combination of the two greatest flavors known to man. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
9) The rise of the new media, with its conservative bent. Thank God for the Fox News Channel, talk radio and conservative blog sites. A year ago I didn't know who Powerline and Thirdwavedave were. Now I feel a kinship to them and others and I have a few more ideological friends. It is a true blessing to know that I no longer have to rely on the MSM for my information.
10) A new trend in TV programming that honors the human spirit and promotes hospitality, generosity, community, fellowship, and the list goes on. And the best of the best - Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Three Wishes.
OK, that is my list. What are you thankful for?