Wednesday, August 31, 2005

8/31/05

PRAY FOR LA.: Last night I was sitting in my comfortable home, safe and sound. I began to worry for the people of Louisiana (LA), Mississippi (MS), and Alabama (AL). Here in my convenient and safe home I had the option of watching TV, blogging, reading or sleeping. Many of the people in those three states had none of those options last night or now. And so I felt compelled to pray for them. I kept it short and simple, focusing on these three things.

1) That in this time of great need, people would be reminded to seek God.
2) That miraculously the flood waters would begin to recede and not continue to flow into cities like New Orleans.
3) That tensions, looting and violence would be minimal so that panic doesn't set in.

It's not that my prayers are perfect, or any more important than the prayers of others. Just that I didn't know what else to do and wanted to encourage others to pray as well.

|