HOW TO SCORE 2004
As I look back on 2004 personally, politically and in terms of popular culture, these are the highlights. Things that I am grateful to God for in 2004.
1. Mr. Media Matters married Mrs. Media Matters. The best thing that has ever happened to me. She's a great lady. And no you can't have her.
2. President George W. Bush wins re-election. He is a godly man doing a difficult job with wisdom and toughness. We are a lucky nation.
3. CBS News and Dan Rather took a big blow to their ego and their reputation when the forged document scandal was revealed by people like me, bloggers. Oh how the mighty have fallen! I have become addicted to blogging and the rest of you need to do so as well.
4. Getting hooked on Hugh Hewitt's daily radio program. I love his conservative brand of moral and political talk radio. He's funny and informed and that is a deadly combination.
5. The ABC TV network scored a major comeback with its entertainment lineup. Shows like Lost, Desperate Housewives and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition help put the once struggling network back on the ratings map. I would highly recommend that everyone make time in their week for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It makes me cry almost every week. It is uplifting TV suitable for the whole family.
6. Mr. Media Matters got a new career and so far it has promising attributes in the perks and profit categories.
7. Mrs. Media Matters and I made successful trips to Tennessee and Oregon to visit both sides of our family. Oregon and Tennessee may be the two greenest states in the nation in terms of trees, grass, landscape. They are both beautiful. And we were warmly received by both families.
8. Mr. Media Matters is grateful for the continued relationship he has with his two best friends, Andy and Jared, and their respective families. They are great guys with cute kids and friendly spouses and they have been such a blessing in my life.
9. The US mourned the loss of President Ronald Reagan in a touching and appropriate way. I cried as I watched the funeral, the procession of the casket and the outpouring of public support. He was a great man and it was significant and important that we remembered him in such a meaningful and demonstrative way.
10. My brother and his kids have shown a lot of courage and determination in a difficult year. It has reminded me that life is hard. And that perseverance is a noble thing.
11. Scott Peterson got the death penalty. He deserved it. What a slime!
12. The Denver Broncos are still in the NFL playoff hunt. Mrs. Media Matters is happy. Go Broncos!
That's all for now. I have been blessed in 2004. I can't wait for 2005.
Happy New Year and God Bless.